Student Transcripts & Records

Limestone Learning Foundation
The Ontario Student Transcript (OST) provides an official and consistent record of the Ontario secondary school credit courses that a student has successfully completed, while the Ontario Student Record (OSR) is the record of a student's educational progress through schools in Ontario. An OST is a component of the OSR, but can be requested separately.

To request a copy of your OST and/or OSR, please select from the following for more information:

Current Students

I am a current student who would like a copy of my Ontario Student Transcript (OST)

If you are currently registered, contact your school for assistance with your OST.

I am a current student who would like to access my Ontario Student Records (OSR)

Each student and parent/guardian(s) of a student who is not an adult (under the age of 18) may request a meeting with their school principal to review the contents of the OSR.

If the student or parent/guardian(s) of a student who is not an adult reviews the OSR and wants something removed, they may formally appeal to the principal. For more information, visit the OSR Guideline.

Former Students

I am a former student who would like a copy of my Ontario Student Transcript (OST)

To request your OST for applying to an Ontario college or university:

An online high school transcript request service is available to former Limestone District School Board (LDSB) students who are applying to an Ontario College through the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) or an Ontario University through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).

To use this service, you must:

Be a past student of the LDSB.

Apply to a minimum of one Ontario college or university.

Pay the applicable application fee.

Note: You only need to request one high school transcript during the application process. Transcripts will be forwarded to all of your college/university choices.

Why use this online service?

The college or university to which you applied will receive your transcripts faster.

You will be able to track the status of your application and transcript request(s) online.

To order your transcript online, go to to apply to an Ontario college and to apply to an Ontario university.

To request your OST for another purpose:

You can order a copy of your transcript through our online payment service. Please note that through this payment service, you have four options to choose from:

PDF of Official Student Transcript Emailed to You - $15.00
Official Student Transcript Picked Up at the Limestone DSB Board Office - $15.00
Official Student Transcript Mailed to You - $20.00
PDF of Unofficial Student Transcript Emailed to You - $10.00

To place your order, please visit our Student Transcript Online Payment Service.

For any additional questions, please contact [email protected].

I am a former student who would like to access my Ontario Student Records (OSR)

If you are a former student of LDSB and require a copy of your OSR, including copies of individual education plans and testing, confirmation of graduation or confirmation of attendance at an English language school, please contact the last school you attended for assistance. 

Former students of:

Sharbot Lake Secondary School can find their records at Granite Ridge Education Centre

QECVI can find their records at the Katarokwi Learning Centre

KCVI can find their records at Kingston Secondary School

Additional Questions

What is the purpose of an Ontario Student Record (OSR)?

Over the course of the school year as part of its mandate to educate its students, the LDSB under the authority of the Education Act, as amended, will collect personal information about each student from both the student and his/her parent(s) or guardian(s). The information collected may be written, oral or visual. This personal information will be used to register and place the student in a school or for a consistent purpose such as the allocation of staff and resources and to give information to other employees to carry out their job duties.

In addition, the information may be used to deal with matters of health and safety or discipline and that may be required to be disclosed in compelling circumstances or for law enforcement matters or in accordance with any other Act. The information will be used in accordance with the Education Act, the regulations, and guidelines issued by the Minister of Education governing the establishment, maintenance, use, retention, transfer and disposal of pupil records. For more information regarding OSR and mandated components of these records, visit the OSR Guideline.

What is the difference between an official and unofficial Ontario Student Transcript (OST)?

When purchasing a copy of your OST, you will have the choice between an official and an unofficial transcript.

An official transcript is required for official purposes, such as applying to colleges or universities, transferring to another school, or seeking employment. Official transcripts are usually sent directly from the school to the intended recipient, ensuring their authenticity and integrity. In Ontario, public colleges and universities use an online system for applications (indicated above), which includes acquiring a copy of your transcript from the school you graduated from. You do not need to request a transcript yourself when using either OCAS or OUAC.

An unofficial transcript refers to a document that provides a summary of a student's academic record but is not an official or formal document issued by the school. May be used for personal reference.

Where can I get a copy of my Ontario Secondary School Diploma?

All graduates receive one diploma and an official transcript at time of commencement. Diplomas and transcripts not distributed at commencement will be held at the secondary school for pick up. The LDSB does not print additional copies of diplomas.

The Limestone District School Board is situated on traditional territories of the Anishinaabe & Haudenosaunee.